(GS PAPER-3, Environmental pollution and degradation
SOURCE- The Hindu)
- The world air quality report prepared by Swiss organisation IQAir mentions that 22 of the top 30 most polluted cities globally are in India.
- The report aggregated add PM 2.5 Data from 106 countries.
- Delhi has been ranked as the world’s most polluted Capital city followed by Dhaka Ulanbator Kabul and Doha
- Hotan in China if the most polluted city with an average concentration of 110.2 to microgram per metre cube followed by Ghaziabad at Uttar Pradesh at 106
scenario in India
- It shows a boost in Delhi’s air quality by approximately 15% from 2019 to 2020
- Delhi has been listed as the tenth most polluted city and the top polluted capital city in the world
- However every city in India observed air quality improvements compared to 2018 and earlier while 53% from direct improvements against 2019