- The Election Commission of India declared the Assembly Election Schedule for 4 states and one UT which are, Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and Puducherry.
- The CEC stated the theme of the National Voter’s Day 2021 is “Making our voters safe, informed, and vigilant.”
Precautions and guidelines:
- Every polling station will be on the ground floor. The Commission is vigilant on the health situation of the states amidst the polls.
- Concept of absentee voters introduced. It means that a vote is cast by someone who is not able to go to the polling station to which the voter is allocated.
- The postal Ballot option was continued.
- Separate SOPs are there for COVID-19 patients, suspects, people who are under quarantine.
- Polling time will be increased by one hour to accommodate the traffic following the social distancing norms.
- All sensitive polling stations marked and a sufficient number of CAPFs will be deployed to ensure peace and harmony.
- The CEC declared that the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) is in force with these announcements.
- Anyone can report the violation of the MCC through the cVIGIL app.