What is data protection:- Data is generated by the footprint when a person does any kind of online transaction. Data protection is protecting the data from any kind of theft or misuse from a non-concerned party.
Why it is needed:-
- To protect privacy of individual
- To protect integrity and sovereignty of india
- To uphold human right written under UNHCR and Fundamental right.
- To provide one a individual identity.
- Preserve oneself
What are the recent controversies regarding Data protection:
- Adhar act was challenged in supreme court
- Puttaswamy judgement
- Data selling by facebook in USA election
- Data theft by chinese hackers.
What are the laws in india
- I.T. Act 2000.
- Adhar act
- Cyber policy
- Subhramaniam committee reccomondations on data protection
- EU has the strong data protection law such as GDPR.
- New zealand also has the same
- Australia working on the same direction.