- Recently, the Prime Minister of India apprised of the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and France in the field of renewable energy cooperation.
- The main aim of the MoU is to promote bilateral cooperation in the field of new and renewable energy on the basis of mutual benefit, equality, and reciprocity.
- It also advocates for technologies with respect to solar, wind, hydrogen, and biomass energy.
Features of the MoU:
- Exchange of scientific and technological information and data, and personnel as well.
- Conducting workshops, seminars.
- Development of joint projects.
- This MoU will assist in the advancement of technological know-how in the field of Renewable Energy.
- It will also help the process of acquiring the determined target of 450 GW of installed Renewable Energy capacity by the year 2030.