- Recently, the Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani claimed that India would be fully self-reliant in silk production in the next two years.
- The Central Silk Board (CSB), the Ministry of Agriculture, and
Farmers Welfare signed an MoU on a convergence model for the exertion of Agro-forestry.
- This initiative was undertaken in the silk sector as per the ongoing Sub-Mission on Agroforestry (SMAF)
- The Buniyaad Reeling Machine for Tussar Silk Yarn was also dispersed to some of the recipients on the occasion.
- It tends to promote farmers to take up sericulture-based Agroforestry
- It aims to achieve faster returns to the growers as well as support the
- Raw silk production in the country has expanded 35% in the last six years, the growth has been magnanimous in the
- Due to this, more than ninety lakh people have got employment in raw silk production.
- The agricultural income will increase to 20-30%.
- By adopting Agro Technical Textile farmers’ income has increased by 60%.
– Ajit Satpathy