- NEP-2020: replaced the National Policy on Education-1986.
|Background: there is learning crisis’ in India because of bad learning outcomes
- Objective of the education system:- to prepare children for every opportunity
- By 2030Achieving the target of 100% Gross Enrolment Ratio (GEER), in school education.
- NEP gives highest priority in achieving foundational literacy and numeracy by all students.
- It focuses more on accessibility, equitability and inclusiveness of the education system but only if implemented at all levels.
Content, Curriculum & Pedagogy
- The 10+2 structure will be replaced by a 5+3+3+4 curricular structure
- ages 3-8
- 14-18 years
- Now we will have 12 years of schooling with three years of Anganwadi or pre-schooling.
- Blending of technology with the teaching and learning process
|Why earlier policy has failed
1.Overly optimistic expectations
2.issues in Implementation in dispersed governance
3.Inadequate collaborative policymaking with the stakeholder.
4.Vagaries of the political cycle .
How to successfully implement the NEP
- create stakeholder incentives -> implementation is smooth and uniform.
2.Formulate instruments in the form of legal, policy, regulatory and institutional mechanisms to achieve the desired goals.
3.Build reliable information repositories.
- HEIs should Develop adaptability in and across the regulatory bodies and in government agencies as well.
5.Credible transparent actions with participation of all stakeholders;
6.Develop sound principles of management