- This day is observed on 14 March every year after the said event was passed in the United States House of Representatives in 2009.
- This date also marks the birth anniversary of great scientist Albert Einstein.
- Founded in 1988 by renowned Physicist Larry Shaw. Pi has also been represented by the Greek letter π since the mid-eighteenth century.
What is Pi:
- It has a numerical value of 22/7 which is a constant.
- It can also be observed that Pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
Interesting facts about Pi:
- It is an irrational number, the true value of which can’t be determined.
- A Japanese scientist using a powerful computer first found 1.24 trillion digits of Pi, later this record was beaten by Haruka Iwao by finding 31 trillion digits of Pi.
- The most commonly used value of Pi is 3.14 which resembles the day on which it is celebrated.